Regional Water System Evaluation
Client: Cities of Kennewick, Richland and West Richland, WA
In 2003, J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. completed a water system evaluation to develop strategies for the cities of Kennewick, Richland, and West Richland. The study provided information as to whether it was feasible to combine water systems to respond to the rapid growth in the area.
The study results identified intertie locations, located improvements that should be made to the distribution systems to improve how water is transferred between City systems, determined how ASR can be useful to the overall system, and developed a strategic plan for reinvigorating a regional water approach.
This project included:
- Project facilitation
- Determining regional demands and supplies
- Working with a Technical Advisory Committee to develop study goals and alternatives
- Evaluating alternatives including Aquifer Storage and Recovery (ASR), wellfields, and a regional water treatment plant
- Compiling the Cities’ models into a regional computer model
- Preparing cost analyses for various options