Main Avenue Reconstruction
Client: Brewster, Washington
“2006 WSDOT & FHWA Excellence in Local Agency Project – Director’s Award”
“2006 Association of Washington Cities Gold Award”
This project was designed to revitalize the downtown appeal and improve access and functionality to the transportation system of Brewster as well as install a functioning storm drain system. The project included public involvement with three public meetings to gain input as to the types of amenities. During this project, the Washington Department of Transportation obtained a grant to widen the shoulder of SR-173 (Bridge Street) for pedestrian safety. J-U-B also provided design and construction administration for the SR-173 project as a tied-bid to the Main Avenue contract.
This project included:
- Extensive public involvement and strong downtown business participation
- Oil/water separator and energy dissipation system
- New four-way stop with flashing lights
- Mitigation of temporary economic impact by providing alternative access during construction including “Back Door” entrances to local businesses
- Bulb-out curbs with ADA ramps
- Stamped and colored concrete
- Streetscape and landscape enhancements.